Moomken is executing a six month “Preventing Electoral Violence” project to train police officers and community leaders/activists on Preventing Electoral violence activities and create opportunities for solid collaboration, networking, and exchange between local communities and police.
The project begins by Moomken developing a PEV toolkit based on USIP’s curriculum to create sustainable and reliable learning resources for police officers and community actors. The toolkit will also serve as reference material for trainees to look back on post-training. Additionally, the organization will develop three e-learning courses on Moomken’s www.mocs.ly platform for participants who will move to conduct local trainings.
Moomken conducted a Training of Trainers for nine trainers who will go on to conduct in-person trainings for a total of 50 participants (police officers and community actors) in Benghazi, Ubari and Brak Alshati. Prior to participating in these in-person trainings, participants urged to complete USIP’s PEV online course to give trainees a foundational set of knowledge. The trainings focused on how to combat electoral violence, responding to early warning signs and rapid interventions if election violence is detected in their areas.
The project is divided into six phases.
1. Create sustainable and reliable learning resources for police officers and community actors by creation of the toolkit.
2. Creation of training materials.
3. Participant selection.
4. Moomken conducted a Training of Trainers for nine trainers In Tunis from 27th of September 2022 till 1st of October 2022 who will conduct in-person trainings for a total of 50 participants
5. On the Moomken platform, we created three e-learning courses for participants who will deliver local trainings.
6. Giving 50 police officers and community leaders in Benghazi, Ubari and Brak Alshati in-person training.
The final phase will take place on November.